February 10, 2010 - Average Homeboy

  • 02/10/2010

The Average Homeboy gets a Web Redemption, and Daniel tries out Apple's fancy iPad toy.

PRETTY COOL.

>> HEY, GUYS.

IT'S HERE.

>> WHAT?

>> THE NEW iPAD.

>> THAT'S COOL.

>> THANK YOU, APPLE.

I CANNOT WAIT TO USE IT.

TIME FOR A BOOZE CRUISE.

GILLIGAN!

ALRIGHT.

LET'S PUT 20 SECONDS ON THE

CLOCK AND SEE HOW MANY FUNNY

COMMENTS WE CAN MAKE.

I HOPE ANDY SAMBERG WAS ON THAT

BOAT.

[LAUGHTER]

THAT HAPPENS A LOT BECAUSE THE

OCEANS ARE SO NARROW.

[LAUGHTER]

HEY, WHILE WE EXCHANGE INSURANCE

INFORMATION, AH, SHOW ME YOUR

TITS?

[LAUGHTER]

YOU SUNK MY LUXURY CRUISE SHIP.

IN THIS CASE, IT REALLY IS THE

SIZE OF THE BOAT THAT MATTERS.

[LAUGHTER]

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR DRIVING

WITH YOUR DONG, TOMMY LEE.

[OOHING]

MEMORIES.

IT'S NOT THAT BIG.

[LAUGHTER]

COMPARED TO A WALRUS.

[LAUGHTER]

I'D LIKE TO POINT OUT, AS SHARP

AS OUR VIEWERS ARE, NOT ONE OF

YOU HAS EVER POINTED OUT THE

FACT THAT OUR 20 SECONDS ON THE

CLOCK, IS NOWHERE NEAR 20

SECONDS.

IT END

♪♪

>> FOUR CHAIRS!

FOUR CHAIRS!

THAT'S WHAT I GET FOR OPENING UP

MY BIG FAT TRAP.

SEE, A FEW WEEKS AGO I SAID I

WOULD BEAT YOU AT ANYTHING YOU

CHALLENGED ME TO.

BUT FOUR CHAIRS!

[LAUGHTER]

I LOOKED IT UP, AND YES, THAT IS

THE CURRENT WORLD RECORD.

[LAUGHTER]

CAN I BEAT IT?

LET'S FIND OUT IN OUR MOST

POPULAR SEGMENT.

"I'M BETTER THAN YOU, NANA BOO

BOO, STICK YOUR HEAD IN DOO

DOO."

[LAUGHTER]

[APPLAUSE]

>> I'M BETTER THAN YOU.

WHY WAS I WEARING A POWDERED

WIG?

TO DISTRACT YOU FROM THE FACT

THAT MY T-SHIRT WAS TUCKED INTO

MY UNDERWEAR.

[LAUGHTER]

DUH.

THE NEXT CHALLENGE LOOKED A BIT

TOUGHER.

[LAUGHTER]

>> ONE, TWO, THREE.

>> 15, 16, 17, 18.

33, 34, 35.

OH!

>> I DON'T KNOW WHO WAS

COUNTING, BUT YOU SKIPPED A FEW

NUMBERS.

YOU KNOW I'M FROM THE STREETS.

JUMP ROPING?

OKAY, LET'S DANCE.

[LAUGHTER]

SO ONCE AGAIN, I MUST SAY, WITH

ALL DUE RESPECT TO ALL OF YOU,

I'M BETTER THAN YOU, NANA BOO

BOO, STICK YOUR HEAD IN DOO DOO.

♪♪

>> FOUR CHAIRS!

FOUR CHAIRS!

THAT'S WHAT I GET FOR OPENING UP

MY BIG FAT TRAP.

SEE, A FEW WEEKS AGO I SAID I

WOULD BEAT YOU AT ANYTHING YOU

CHALLENGED ME TO.

BUT FOUR CHAIRS!

[LAUGHTER]

I LOOKED IT UP, AND YES, THAT IS

THE CURRENT WORLD RECORD.

[LAUGHTER]

CAN I BEAT IT?

LET'S FIND OUT IN OUR MOST

POPULAR SEGMENT.

"I'M BETTER THAN YOU, NANA BOO

BOO, STICK YOUR HEAD IN DOO

DOO."

[LAUGHTER]

[APPLAUSE]

>> I'M BETTER THAN YOU.

WHY WAS I WEARING A POWDERED

WIG?

TO DISTRACT YOU FROM THE FACT

THAT MY T-SHIRT WAS TUCKED INTO

MY UNDERWEAR.

[LAUGHTER]

DUH.

THE NEXT CHALLENGE LOOKED A BIT

TOUGHER.

[LAUGHTER]

>> ONE, TWO, THREE.

>> 15, 16, 17, 18.

33, 34, 35.

OH!

>> I DON'T KNOW WHO WAS

COUNTING, BUT YOU SKIPPED A FEW

NUMBERS.

YOU KNOW I'M FROM THE STREETS.

JUMP ROPING?

OKAY, LET'S DANCE.

[LAUGHTER]

SO ONCE AGAIN, I MUST SAY, WITH

ALL DUE RESPECT TO ALL OF YOU,

I'M BETTER THAN YOU, NANA BOO

BOO, STICK YOUR HEAD IN DOO DOO.

[LAUGHTER]

ALRIGHT.

MOVING ON.

WHAT'S A RIDE ON THE SUBWAY

WITHOUT THE THREAT OF VIOLENCE

TOWARDS WOMEN?

THAT DOESN'T JUST HAPPEN TO

JODIE FOSTER.

[LAUGHTER]

THAT GUY IS LOOKING LIKE A FOOL

WITH HIS PANTS ON THE GROUND.

[LAUGHTER]

[APPLAUSE]

NOW LET'S GET BACK INTO THAT

VIDEO, ONE LEG AT A TIME, IN

THIS WEEK'S BREAKDOWN.

[CHEERS & APPLAUSE]

ALRIGHT, CLEAN SUBWAY.

MUST BE EUROPE.

TODAY IS THE DAY THAT OUR FRIEND

LIAM HAS WORKED UP ENOUGH

COURAGE TO TALK TO A WOMAN.

HE KNOWS FIRST IMPRESSIONS ARE

IMPORTANT, SO HE GOES WITH A BIG

KNEE TO THE EMPTY SEAT NEXT TO

HER.

IS THERE ANY WOMAN WHO DOESN'T

LOVE A GOOD SCARE ON A LATE

NIGHT TRAIN RIDE?

[LAUGHTER]

BUT WAIT, WHAT'S THAT?

OUT OF NOWHERE, CAPTAIN KRAUT,

GERMANY'S FAVORITE HOBO

SUPERHERO SPRINGS INTO ACTION.

[LAUGHTER]

NEXT STOP EMBARRASSMENT.

THAT'S WHY YOU ALWAYS WEAR A

BELT.

I MEAN, HOW MANY ASSES DO YOU

HAVE TO KICK BEFORE YOU GET SO

BORED WITH IT YOU DECIDE I'M

JUST GOING TO PULL HIS PANTS

DOWN, SEE WHAT HE DOES.

[LAUGHTER]

HERE'S THE MOMENT OF TRUTH.

RIGHT NOW HE'S TURNING AROUND

AND THINKING, "PLEASE BE A

WOMAN, PLEASE BE A WOMAN.

[LAUGHTER]

[BLEEP] IT'S A DUDE, A HUGE,

HUGE DUDE."

[LAUGHTER]

LIAM'S NO DUMMY.

IT'S HARD TO LOOK TOUGH PULLING

UP YOUR PANTS.

[LAUGHTER]

IT'S LIKE TRYING TO LOOK BADASS

WHILE WINKING.

[LAUGHTER]

ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE.

YOU KNOW THAT CHICK WOULD BANG

CAPTAIN KRAUT RIGHT HERE AND

NOW, BUT LIKE ANY TRUE HERO HE

DOESN'T CARE.

HE JUST PICKS UP THE PAPER AND

RESUMES HIS JOB SEARCH.

THE REAL HERO HERE IS THE CAMERA

MAN WHO REFUSED TO LIFT A FINGER

TO HELP THAT POOR WOMAN SO THAT

HE COULD DOCUMENT THIS FOR ALL

TO SEE, AND FOR THAT WE THANK

YOU.

[LAUGHTER]

WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK, BUT FIRST

HERE'S YOUR M.

NIGHT SHYAMALAN TWIST ENDING OF

THE WEEK.

♪♪

[LAUGHTER]

[CHEERS AND APPLAUSE]

>> DENNY?

>> WHAT'S UP, HOMEBOY?

>> WHAT'S UP, DUDE?

SHAKING IT, MAN.

UNGH!

>> GOOD SEEING YOU.

>> GOOD SEEING YOU, DUDE.

>> SHINING MY CAR BRINGS ME LOTS

OF JOY.

>> OH, YEAH?

>> 'CAUSE I'M AN AVERAGE

HOMEBOY.

>> HOW'D YOU COME UP WITH THE

NAME "AVERAGE HOMEBOY."

>> AT THE TIME, EVERYBODY WAS,

"COLD, ICE, GANGSTER," ALL

THAT...

>> SURE.

>> AND I WANTED TO TELL MY POINT

OF VIEW FROM A WHITE GUY SAYING,

"HEY, YOU KNOW, I HAVE TO WASH

MY CAR AND I CUT THE GRASS," AND

JUST TELL A RAP ABOUT WHO I WAS.

I JUST FOUND OUT LAST WEEK THAT

I'M IN THE WHITE RAPPERS

ENCYCLOPEDIA.

>> ARE THE ENCYCLOPEDIAS BROKEN

UP BY RACE?

BECAUSE I HAVE ISSUE WITH THAT.

>> WHY AREN'T THERE MORE WHITE

RAPPERS ON BET?

>> BECAUSE IT'S BLACK

ENTERTAINMENT.

>> SHOULD WE START WET?

>> I THINK IT WOULD BE CALLED

NBC, CBS, AND FOX.

WAS THERE A CHOREOGRAPHER FOR

YOUR DANCE MOVES?

>> I HAVE TO ADMIT I CAME UP

WITH THOSE ALL ON MY OWN.

THE BASIC STEP WAS THE PELVIC

THRUST.

>> MAY I SEE THE PELVIC THRUST?

>> WELL, HOW ABOUT YOU DO IT

WITH ME?

>> I'D LOVE TO.

>> PUSH YOUR HANDS DOWN AND YOUR

PELVIC OUT.

READY?

>> OKAY.

>> ONE, TWO, THREE.

HUH!

HUH!

HUH!

[BREATHING HEAVILY]

>> WHY DO YOU FEEL THE WHITE MAN

HAS BEEN HELD BACK IN THE RAP

GAME?

>> I THINK IT IS A REVERSE

DISCRIMINATION TO SAY, "HEY, YOU

CAN'T RAP BECAUSE YOU'RE WHITE."

HEY, IT'S OKAY TO MAKE A MOVIE

"WHITE MEN CAN'T JUMP," BUT IF

YOU MADE A MOVIE CALLED BLACK

MEN CAN'T SWIM, THEN THERE'S A

BIG HOOPTY-DO.

BUT MY THING IS THAT--

>> THAT SEEMS LIKE A GOOD MOVIE.

I'LL BE HONEST WITH YOU.

>> IT'S A GOOD MOVIE.

>> IF YOU PITCHED THAT IN THIS

TOWN, BLACK MEN CAN'T SWIM.

WHEW!

>> BUT YOU WOULD ALSO BE SAY

"YOU'RE A RACIST," AND ALL THAT.

>> YOU GOT TO PUT ONE OF THE

WAYAN'S BROTHERS IN IT.

YOUR RAPS TEND TO BE ON THE

CLEANER SIDE.

>> I LIKE TO STAND OUT FROM THE

CROWD.

MY RAP IS ABOUT HAVING GOOD,

CLEAN FUN.

>> OKAY.

WELL, I WANT TO GET YOU IN THE

STUDIO AND I BROUGHT IN A LEGEND

TO HELP YOU TAKE YOUR FLOW TO

THE NEXT LEVEL.

MR. BIZZY BONE.

>> HOW YOU DOING, SIR?

>> DENNY, LATER TONIGHT, IS

GONNA GO FOR HIS FIRST BATTLE

RAP.

ANY ADVICE FOR HIM?

>> BE CLEAR.

YOU NEED YOUR METAPHORS

DEFINITELY AT TOP NOTCH, BECAUSE

YOU WANT THE PEOPLE.

THE PEOPLE JUDGE BATTLE RAPS,

NOT THE RAPPERS.

THE PEOPLE AROUND.

>> I'M GONNA JUST THROW OUT A

WORD AND YOU JUST GIVE ME A

COUPLE WORDS IMMEDIATELY THAT

RHYME WITH IT.

> ALL RIGHT.

GRUNT.

>> HUNT.

BUNT.

[LAUGHTER]

>> THAT'S A SETUP THERE.

THAT'S A SETUP.

BROTHER TRUCKER?

NICE.

[CHUCKLES]

>> ORANGE.

>> THIS IS NICE.

NICE.

PUTTING ME ON THE SPOT.

>> ALL RIGHT.

AND THE LAST ONE...

[SCOFFS]

TRIGGER?

[LAUGHTER]

>> TRIGGER?

>> WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU, BIZZY?

>> ALL RIGHT, IT'S TIME TO

BATTLE.

>> ALL RIGHT.

>> YOU'RE GONNA BE GOING UP

AGAINST ONE OF THE HOTTEST NEW

--

ALL RIGHT, HE'S NOT EVEN A

RAPPER.

HE'S JUST A BLACK PERSON.

BUT WE THINK ALL YOU HAVE TO DO

IS BEAT ANY BLACK PERSON AND

THEY WILL CONSIDER YOU, AS A

WHITE RAPPER, ABOVE AVERAGE.

>> OKAY.

>> GOOD LUCK.

>> AND ONCE THEY HEAR THIS,

THEY'RE JUST GON' BE BLAZED.

>> SAVE THAT FOR THE STAGE.

YO, YO!

HOW YOU MOTHER [BLEEP] DOING

TONIGHT?

IT'S TIME FOR THE BATTLE.

WE GOT THE AVERAGE HOMEBOY,

WHO'S TRYING TO BECOME THE

ABOVE-AVERAGE HOMEBOY.

AND OVER HERE WE HAVE A BLACK

GUY THAT WE FOUND IN THE

AUDIENCE TONIGHT.

MR. JASPER RED.

WHEN I HAND YOU THE MIC, YOU

SETTLE YOUR DIFFERENCES.

UP FIRST, LET'S GIVE IT TO

JASPER RED!

[RAP MUSIC PLAYS]

[CHEERS AND APPLAUSE]

♪ YO THIS RACIST MOTHER [BLEEP]

THINK I LIVE IN A BOX ♪

♪ WELL I THINK HE'S A [BLEEP] ♪

♪ WHO CAN SUCK MY BLACK

[BLEEP] ♪

♪ CRACKER-ASS CRACKER THINK

[BLEEP] SMOKE CRACK ♪

♪ WELL I HIT YOUR MOMS LIKE A

PIPE ♪

♪ AND PASS THAT BITCH BACK ♪

[CHEERS AND APPLAUSE]

>> OH, MY GOODNESS!

WHOO!

WOW!

WE GOT LUCKY WITH THAT

SELECTION.

NEXT UP, IT'S TIME FOR MR. DENNY

BLAZE, THE AVERAGE HOMEBOY.

THE WORLD WANTS TO KNOW, ARE YOU

READY TO GIVE IT ANOTHER SHOT?

>> I'M READY TO BLAZE 'EM.

[LAUGHTER]

[RAP MUSIC]

♪ MY NAME'S DENNY BLAZE ♪

♪ I'M UNFAZED BY YOUR GAZE ♪

♪ I GET PRAISE ON MY DAYS ♪

♪ I LIKE MY DOUGHNUTS GLAZED ♪

♪ INSTEAD OF SPITTING FIRE ♪

♪ I CHOOSE TO RHYME THIS

PHRASE ♪

♪ I'M ABOVE-AVERAGE HOMEBOY ♪

♪ YOU CAN CALL ME DENNY BLAZE ♪

[LAUGHTER]

>> OH!

[CHEERS AND APPLAUSE]

I THINK IT'S CLEAR TONIGHT THERE

IS A NEW KING OF THIS CASTLE AND

YOU CAN CALL HIM "THE

ABOVE-AVERAGE HOMEBOY"!

[CROWD BOOING]

>> WOO-HOO-HOO!

YEAH!

[LAUGHTER]

ALRIGHT, THERE'S ONE THING THE

TRUTH CAMPAIGN CANNOT DENY, AND

THAT IS SMOKING REALLY DOES LOOK

COOL.

>> RIGHT NOW I'M GOING TO SMOKE

SMARTIES.

YOU CAN DO THEM LIKE THIS.

[LAUGHTER]

I DIDN'T KNOW SMARTIES CAME IN

MENTHOL.

[LAUGHTER]

ALRIGHT!

I JUST WORRY ABOUT HIS LITTLE

SISTER WHO HAS TO BREATHE ALL

THAT SECOND-HAND SMARTIES SMOKE.

[LAUGHTER]

IT'S NOT FAIR.

SMARTIES ARE A GATEWAY DRUG.

BEFORE YOU KNOW IT, YOU'RE

BLOWING YOUR ENTIRE ALLOWANCE TO

MAINLINE STARBURSTS.

I SHOULD KNOW.

I'VE BEEN THERE.

>> THE USE IS LOOSE!

[LAUGHTER]

[BLEEP]

>> I ONLY HAVE YELLOW LEFT.

[LAUGHTER]

>> NOW THAT'S A SUGAR HIGH.

COMEDY CENTRAL WANTS ME TO

REMIND YOU THAT YOU SHOULD NOT

MAINLINE STARBURSTS.

>> DANNY.

>> WHAT'S UP, HOMEBOY?

>> WHAT'S UP, DUDE?

SHAKING IT, MAN.

UH.

>> GOOD SEEING YOU.

GOOD SEEING YOU, DUDE.

NICE RIDE HERE.

THIS IS A CHEVY.

I LIKE IT.

>> IT'S ABOVE AVERAGE.

>> YEAH.

SHINING MY CAR BRINGS ME

LOTS OF JOY.

>> OH, YEAH?

>> 'CAUSE I'M AN AVERAGE

HOMEBOY.

>> LET'S TALK ABOUT YOUR VIDEO.

WHEN DID YOU MAKE THAT VIDEO?

>> I MADE THAT VIDEO AS A

TEENAGER ABOUT 20 YEARS AGO.

IT'S AMAZING BECAUSE WHEN

I MADE THE VIDEO,

I HAD TO HAVE A LITTLE SPIEL

ON THE FRONT OF IT WHERE I--

"HELLO, I'M JUST A MIDDLE CLASS

GUY EXPRESSING MY POINT OF

VIEW."

AND I WAS JUST GONNA TALK

TO A COUPLE PEOPLE AT WARNER

BROS. RECORDS OR A COUPLE

PEOPLE AT MTV.

I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS GONNA

BE AN INTERNET ONE DAY,

AND THE WHOLE WORLD,

I'D GET TO TALK TO THE WHOLE

WORLD AND TELL THEM MY STORY.

>> ARE YOU STILL TRYING TO

PURSUE THE RAP GAME?

>> WELL, WHAT'S GREAT NOW

IS THERE'S ITUNES.

YOU CAN GO TO ITUNES,

SEARCH "DENNY BLAZIN,

YOUR AVERAGE HOMEBOY."

MY STUFF POPS UP.

YOU DON'T EVEN NEED WARNER BROS.

ANYMORE.

SO, YEAH, I STILL MAKE MUSIC,

AND I'M STILL SMOOTHING OUT

MY RAPPING.

>> HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH

THE NAME "AVERAGE HOMEBOY"?

>> AT THE TIME, EVERYBODY

WAS COLD, ICE, THUG,

GANGSTA, ALL THAT.

AND SO BLAZIN HAZEN WAS

JUST THE OPPOSITE.

IT WAS HOT.

IT WAS NOT GANGSTA.

AND BEING FROM A SMALL SUBURB

COMMUNITY IN OHIO,

I JUST WANTED TO SAY, "HEY,

I'M NOT RICH, I'M NOT POOR,

I'M NOT PRETENDING TO BE

FROM THE STREETS OF NEW YORK."

AND I WANTED TO TELL MY POINT

OF VIEW FROM A WHITE GUY,

SAYING, HEY, YOU KNOW, I HAVE

TO WASH MY CAR AND I CUT

THE GRASS AND JUST TELL--RAP

ABOUT WHO I WAS.

>> NAME YOUR TOP THREE FAVORITE

WHITE RAPPERS.

>> WELL, VANILLA ICE

DID A GREAT JOB.

>> WHOO, HE WAS BLAZIN' AS WELL.

>> WHAT MAKES ME MAD ABOUT--

HE HAD TO TAKE SO MUCH HEAT

JUST FOR BEING A WHITE GUY

DOING RAP.

YOU GOT TO TAKE--

GIVE HIM RESPECT FOR BLAZING

THE TRAIL.

>> SURE.

>> AND JUST BECAUSE HE WAS

WHITE, HE WAS CRITICIZED

FOR WHETHER HE'S GOOD

OR WHETHER HE'S BAD.

I JUST FOUND OUT LAST WEEK

THAT I'M IN THE WHITE RAPPERS

ENCYCLOPEDIA.

>> ARE THE ENCYCLOPEDIAS

BROKEN UP BY RACE?

BECAUSE I HAVE ISSUE WITH THAT.

WHAT'S THE MOST EXCITING THING

THAT'S HAPPENED SINCE

THIS VIDEO HAS BECOME POPULAR?

>> MY FAVORITE THING WAS

GOING TO VH1 IN NEW YORK CITY

AND GETTING TO RAP IN TIMES

SQUARE AND GOING UP INTO

THEIR PARAMOUNT PLAZA

AND HAVING A DRESSING ROOM

AND GOING IN AND BEING ON THERE

INTERNET SUPERSTAR COUNTDOWN.

THEY NAMED ME NUMBER THREE

ON THE GREATEST INTERNET

SUPERSTAR COUNTDOWN.

>> WHAT WE SHOULD DO, THOUGH,

INSTEAD OF VH1,

WE SHOULD GET YOU ON B.E.T.

>> WHY AREN'T THERE MORE

WHITE RAPPERS ON B.E.T.?

>> BECAUSE IT'S BLACK

ENTERTAINMENT.

>> SHOULD WE START W.E.T.?

>> WHAT WOULD THAT STAND FOR?

>> WHITE ENTERTAINMENT

TELEVISION?

BUT WOULD THAT BE ILLEGAL?

>> NO, IT CERTAINLY WOULDN'T

BE ILLEGAL.

I THINK IT WOULD BE CALLED

NBC, CBS, AND FOX.

MOST RAPPERS PUT A LOT OF WOMEN

IN THEIR VIDEOS.

I NOTICED YOU DID NOT.

WHY?

>> WELL, BEING A TEENAGER

20 YEARS AGO, I DIDN'T HAVE

A BIG BUDGET TO HIRE MODELS

AND STUFF.

BUT AVERAGE HOMEBOY IS JUST

ABOUT SHOOTING HOOPS AND

WASHING CARS AND DOING

GUY KIND OF--

>> AVERAGE HOMEBOY PROBABLY HAS

A STABLE OF AVERAGE-LOOKING

GIRLS HE COULD PUT IN A VIDEO,

IS MY GUESS.

>> WELL, I LIKE

ABOVE-AVERAGE-LOOKING GIRLS,

BUT--

>> OH.

OKAY.

>> BUT, YEAH, SO I WOULDN'T

MIGHT BE OPPOSED TO PUTTING THEM

IN A REDEMPTION VIDEO.

>> WHY DO YOU FEEL THE WHITE MAN

HAS BEEN HELD BACK

IN THE RAP GAME?

>> I THINK IT IS A REVERSE

DISCRIMINATION TO SAY,

HEY, YOU CAN'T RAP

BECAUSE YOU'RE WHITE.

HEY, IT'S OKAY TO MAKE A MOVIE

WHITE MEN CAN'T JUMP,

BUT IF YOU MADE A MOVIE

CALLED "BLACK MAN CAN'T SWIM,"

THEN THERE'S A BIG HOOPTY-DOO.

BUT MY THING IS THAT, HEY--

>> THAT SEEMS LIKE A GOOD MOVIE.

I'LL BE HONEST WITH YOU.

>> IT'S A GOOD MOVIE, BUT--

>> IF YOU PITCHED THAT

IN THIS TOWN, "BLACK MAN

CAN'T SWIM," WHOO.

>> YEAH, BUT YOU WOULD ALSO

BE SAYING, "YOU'RE A RACIST

AND ALL THAT."

>> YOU GOT TO PUT ONE OF THE

WAYANS BROTHERS IN IT.

WOULD YOU SAY THAT YOUR RAP

STYLE IS AT ITS PEAK RIGHT NOW?

>> I STARTED OFF VERY OLD

SCHOOL, AND BACK THEN,

YOU DIDN'T HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

OF THE DIGITAL OR NON-LINEAR

EDITING.

IT WAS JUST "PLAY AND RECORD"

ON A CASSETTE.

MY STYLE NOW HAS CHANGED

BECAUSE NOW YOU CAN HAVE

MULTIPLE LAYERS OF AUDIO TRACKS

AND 100 TRACKS BEHIND YOU.

SO I HAVE CHANGED UP MY WRITING

STYLES AND MY MUSIC

A LITTLE BIT, SO...

>> IS YOUR FLOW BETTER TODAY

THAN IT WAS 20 YEARS AGO?

>> MY FLOW IS MUCH MORE SMOOTH.

>> DO YOU KNOW ANY BLACK PEOPLE?

>> I HAVE A LOT OF CLOSE BLACK

FRIENDS, ACTUALLY.

GUYS I WORK WITH AND JUST

SOME GOOD BUDDIES

THAT ARE, UH--

>> DO THEY LIKE YOUR FLOW?

>> THEY--THEY LIKE MY--

MY, UH, STYLE, I GUESS,

THE COMEDY I PUT INTO STUFF.

AND THEY APPRECIATE WHAT I DO.

THEY RESPECT IT.

THAT'S THE KEY THING,

IS RESPECT.

THERE'S NOT A LOT OF RESPECT

OUT THERE ANYMORE.

>> WAS THERE A CHOREOGRAPHER

HIRED FOR YOUR DANCE MOVES,

OR DID YOU COME UP WITH THOSE

ALL ON YOUR OWN?

>> I HAVE TO ADMIT,

I CAME UP WITH THOSE ALL

ON MY OWN.

THE BASIC STEP WAS THE PELVIC

THRUST.

>> MAY I SEE THE PELVIC THRUST?

>> WELL, HOW ABOUT YOU DO IT

WITH ME?

>> I'D LOVE TO.

>> PUSH YOUR HANDS DOWN

AND YOUR PELVIC OUT.

READY?

>> OKAY.

>> ONE, TWO, THREE.

HUH! HUH! HUH!

>> [exhaling sharply]

>> THERE YOU GO.

>> OH, YOU JUST BEEN BLAZED.

>> YOU JUST GOT BLAZED

AND TOSHED.

>> THAT DOESN'T SOUND

AS GOOD, LET'S BE HONEST.

>> YOU DON'T LIKE "TOSHED"?

EH.

>> I MEAN, IT'S NOT "BLAZE."

"BLAZE" IS PRETTY GOOD.

>> THANKS, MAN.

>> I GOT TO WORK ON MY RAP NAME.

ALL RIGHT, LET'S GET DEEP

FOR A SECOND.

DO YOU STAY AVERAGE

BECAUSE OF YOUR FEAR

FOR SUCCESS?

>> WELL, I'LL BE HONEST.

I THINK MONEY IS THE ROOT

OF ALL EVIL.

I REALLY DON'T EVER WANT

TO BE FILTHY, STINKING RICH

BECAUSE I THINK IT CORRUPTS.

I--IF I WAS LOADED,

I'D PROBABLY, YOU KNOW,

HELP OUT MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS

AND THINGS LIKE THAT.

BUT I THINK THAT, FOR THE LOVE

MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL.

>> WHAT ABOUT UPPER MIDDLE?

>> I COULD LIVE WITH

UPPER MIDDLE.

YEAH, I DON'T MIND UPPER MIDDLE,

BUT--

>> THAT'S HOW WE ROLL.

>> JUST A LITTLE BIT ABOVE

AVERAGE.

>> SURE.

>> JUST A LITTLE BIT.

>> THAT'S WHERE WE'LL GET YOU.

WHEN PEOPLE LISTEN TO YOUR

MUSIC, WHAT DO YOU WANT THEM

TO TAKE WITH THEM?

>> I'M AN AVERAGE, MIDDLE CLASS

GUY FROM THE SUBURBS

WHO KEEPS IT REAL.

AND, YOU KNOW, IT DOESN'T MATTER

WHAT COLOR YOU ARE.

I HAPPEN TO BE WHITE,

BUT I LIKE TO RAP.

AND IF YOU BELIEVE IN YOURSELF,

YOU CAN DO ANYTHING.

IT MAY TAKE 17 OR 20 YEARS LATER

TO DO IT, BUT IF YOU BELIEVE

IN YOURSELF, YOU KNOW, ALL

THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.

>> WOULD YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF

AN O.G.?

>> NO, BECAUSE I'M NOT GANGSTA.

OH, YOU KNOW WHAT I COULD BE?

I COULD BE O.B.

>> WHAT WOULD THAT BE?

>> ORIGINAL BLAZE.

>> ORIGINAL BLAZE.

I THINK THERE'S ONLY ONE

AND ONLY BLAZE.

>> THERE YOU GO.

>> DO YOU THINK YOU'LL BE DOING

THIS FOR THE NEXT 20 YEARS?

>> YOU NEVER KNOW WHERE YOU'LL

BE IN 20 YEARS.

I CERTAINLY DIDN'T THINK

I'D BE OUT HERE IN L.A.

WITH YOU WHILE DOING TOSH.0

20 YEARS AGO.

>> THE WEIRD THING IS,

20 YEARS AGO, I THOUGHT I WOULD

BE HERE WITH YOU.

>> YOU'RE PROBABLY NOT EVEN

20 YEARS OLD, DANIEL.

>> AW.

BLAZE.

>> [laughs]

>> YOU'RE CRAZY.

YOUR RAPS TEND TO BE

ON THE CLEANER SIDE.

DO YOU DO THAT ON PURPOSE?

>> I DO.

I LIKE TO BE A ROLE MODEL

AND EXAMPLE FOR PEOPLE.

AND I LIKE TO STAND OUT

FROM THE CROWD.

I LIKE TO BE A LEADER.

AND MOST--EVERYBODY THAT GOES

ALONG WITH THE CROWD

HAS TO BE HARDCORE, GANGSTA,

USING CURSE WORDS,

AND ALL THAT.

MY RAP IS ABOUT HAVING

GOOD, CLEAN FUN.

>> WELL, I WANT TO GET YOU

IN THE STUDIO.

AND I BROUGHT IN, YOU KNOW,

A LEGEND TO HELP YOU

TAKE YOUR FLOW TO THE NEXT

LEVEL.

>> ALWAYS LOOKING TO GET

BETTER, ALWAYS LOOKING

TO SMOOTH OUT MY RAPPING,

AND GLAD TO BE OUT HERE

WITH YOU GUYS.

Loading...